Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Last Week's Accomplishments

Last week and this week were filled with activity.  I went to a social gathering and had three appointments.  While at a party my son in law asked me if I got some sun.  I certainly didn't mean to get some sun, but just being in the car and yard has tanned me.  It only takes 10 minutes for me to tan and it goes darker from there.

I seldom take pictures of myself, but I wanted
to try a 'selfie'.  I may have done it
wrong!!!!!  I let my hair go
natural grey.  I think I like it.


Accomplishments have been varied this past couple of weeks.  Since we've had torrential rains for three days, the garden has watered itself.  The rains in combination to the heat have produced enough cucumbers to make three more jars of pickles with enough in the refrigerator to make two more jars.  Today I have three jars to put in the fridge making the total to date seven jars.



I did take time out to watch a few yoo toob videos.  My favorite was called 'The Super Rich and Us'.  It explained  what happened from 2008 to the present to change the economic environment.  It seems those who had cash funds could afford to buy up companies and such therefore becoming very wealthy.  I guess this practice brings a new meaning to the term 'saving for a rainy day'!

I also watched a video about food in Italy.  I got so hungry watching it, I stopped the video and went to make some fresh pasta.  Paired with salt and pepper and cheese, I had a good meal with fresh tomatoes from the farmer's market.

The pasta dough went from this...

to this....

to this....

to yummy!


I spent time upstairs dusting and cleaning the bathroom.  Then I de-cluttered the office space putting aside papers that need to be shredded and filing others.  Some small items that no longer worked were thrown in the trash and the small craft stash was re located to a bigger covered bin that I found in a guest room.  The junk drawer was also de-cluttered and cleaned out.  How does such a small space get so filled with stuff I don't need or want?  I also cleaned out the cleaning supply caddy and organized it.  I have multiples of the wet and dry floor cloths that were purchased at the dollar store during spring.  They add two more cloths to the wet cloth package for their spring season 'sale'.

The cleaning caddy before...

and after


It's time to check out my gift closet and get a handle on Christmas gifts.  So I organized the gift closet and took some notes.  My son in law has been asking for socks since I met him as a Christmas gift.  I finally found a good sale on socks and picked him up a pack of ten.

I went to Wal Mart  because I needed a new phone and a fire box for important papers.  While there I also got a large hook to hang a new clock I bought a couple of weeks ago on sale for 60% off.  I though I bought it for the dining area, but I found a different place I like better for it.  It's a big one.  As a matter of fact, it's huge.

I have never had a clock in my home before.
I just use the one on the stove.  But,
this one I would consider is big
enough to make up for all the previous
years without one.




The car was vacuumed and the inside cleaned after our trip to New York.  I also paid a couple bills and balanced the checkbook.  The bedroom and laundry  room were dusted as well as the doors in the house and the floors in the bathrooms and laundry room were washed. 

I'm sad to say Willie had to go back to his shelter.  He was too strong for me and nearly toppled me on my face when he was excited to go outside.  He also liked freedom and accidently got out of the house and took off.  I couldn't go after him, but he did come back 'home'.  On the ride back to the shelter he cuddled into my chest, but when he got there he was excited to be back.  I think the shelter was home to him because he had been there so long.  He did return clean and fed.  I know they fed him, but he needed a bath and brushing very badly.  He got both in the few days he was with me.

What have you been up to?  I'd be happy to hear about your accomplishments.

Stay safe.


8 comments:

  1. Yes, pasta is always a delicious meal! You do not need many additions. Some oil or butter,
    some herbs, grated cheese like parmesan and maybe a bit of mushrooms. Tomatoes or lettuce
    are always welcome. Italian pasta is usually made without eggs, but I do make it with eggs.
    How do you make the dough? I am glad, I have a pasta machine because it is much easier this way. I make a larger quantity then and let the noodles get dry. Keeps very well in a box. In winter I also make very small noodles for soups. That would be more difficult without the machine however. I can also make ravioli with that fabulous machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U simply combine flour and egg to make pasta. Half a cup of flout to one large egg is the ratio. I don't have a pasta machine here. I had one in NY, but couldn't figure out how to use it properly.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about Willie but I still feel there is a dog out there for you. My house is a disaster as I've moved my youngest son into what was our library . A small room with a million books so it seems. I moved all the books out and am sorting through them . A big job. I like the selfie and the gray hair suits you . X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sorry to have to return him. Once he got use to me, he had a lot more energy than he demonstrated at the shelter. Oh, books! One of my favorite things. So much so that I have to be very careful when in a book store.

      Delete
  3. I'll second Leisha and say I also like the selfie and think the grey hair suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I got a lot done this week until I read your list! You make pasta sound easy. I have been meaning to tell you how much I have been enjoying "How Jen Does It" since you shared her channel with me. Thank you. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like Jen. She's quite a powerhouse. Pasta IS easy. Rolling the dough so thin makes muscles!

      Delete