Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 15, 2014

Kitchen Deodorizer

I have been making my own room sprays for a few years.  Once you start, it's difficult to go back to store bought.  I know what I'm breathing in when I make my own.  My favorite is lavender, made from flowers I grew and harvested a few years back.  I still have quite a few of the dried buds.  The recipe is simple.  I use the cheapest vodka I can find and add whatever I want the spray to be,  It needs to infuse for about five weeks in a dark place.  When it's totally infused,

 it gets transferred into a spray bottle I got at Wal Mart.

Recently I came across a recipe for a room deodorizer.  Amended to fit my needs - as well as what spices I had on hand - it's suppose to rid the kitchen of cooking smells.

My recipe:
I bought a three cup spray bottle at the local Wal Mart for .87 cents.
The contents are:
1 c of water
1 c of vodka ( I have a supply that I paid 4.57 for (each one).  I use it all of the time for making sprays, so I stocked up when I found a clearance sale.)
1 c of vinegar (distilled is the cheapest.)
Add:
3 cinnamon sticks
2 t of cloves
5 anise stars
Peel from one lemon, cut in strips
2 t vanilla

Let the mix sit for three to seven days before use.

The spices you use are your choice.  I would always use vanilla and lemon or orange peel.  (Which can be frozen until needed.)

If you try this, let us know how it worked for you in the comment section.




No comments:

Post a Comment