Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Thanksgiving Meal

Every family has favorite dishes they prepare for Thanksgiving. Most of us enjoy a yummy turkey, prepared with a family 'secret'.

Our family is no different. There are staples, such as a green bean casserole, that just have to be served. Our grown children have taken the favorites into their own homes and have added some more from their spouse's favorites list.

This is our menu. Many memories are attached to these dishes.

Turkey
Sweet potato casserole
Green bean casserole
Watergate salad (I found out I am the only one who likes this)
Pickled eggs
Cheese and crackers
Pepperoni ( I don't know why)
Black bread and dip
Apple pie
Pumpkin pie

What are your favorite dishes? Ones that bring back fond childhood memories. I know my new SIL to be will be making macaroni and cheese this year and my daughter has discovered bread pudding as a new favorite.

Yum. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment