Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Frugal Meal

I picked up a chicken from Price Chopper this week that cost .79 cents a pound. I am planning on stuffing it with bread ends I have saved in the freezer and local onions bought at the farmer's market for 1.00 for 10. I'm going to 'bake' it in the crock pot. This is the first time I've done this. I'll let you know how it turns out.

The chicken will provide 4 meals for us (2 people). For a family of 4 you may get leftovers for sandwiches.

Dinner Menu (2 people)

Roasted chicken with stuffing and gravy 1.92 + .12
Green beans (frozen, from the farmer's market) .17
Mashed potatoes (from the farmer's market) .22
Pickles ( canned from the garden) close to zero in cost
Milk (varies) .50

Total cost for 2 people 2.98

The cost is this low because of preplanning and having a garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment