Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Cheap Recipes, Refrigerator Dill Pickles

Refrigerator Dill Pickles (Made by the jar.)

Boil 3 cups water and cool
White vinegar (1/2 cup in each jar)
2 sprigs dill ( in each jar)
2 garlic cloves (in each jar)
Cucumbers

Place cucumbers in clean and sterile jars.  Add garlic, vinegar and dill.  Top off with boiled water leaving 1/2 inch head space.

Store in a dark area for 7 days.  First day store upright.  Second day turn upside down.  Repeat process for seven days.

Store in the refrigerator.  Because of the vinegar the shelf life is very long.  I'm not sure how long, but I think you'll find these will be gone quickly!

4 comments:

  1. Do you take those little gherkins or do cut "normal" cucumbers in slices ?
    That recipe seems interesting for me as I usually have enough cucumbers
    in summer and also dill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use any type you have on hand. I grow the small pickling cucumbers so I use those. The other ones have too many seeds, but they can be used. What I've done in the past is take out the seeds, They can be sliced, spears or whole, Whatever you like will do nicely, It's a good recipe for preventing waste and/or buying on sale.

      Delete
  2. I am going to try the pickle recipes, thanks again . I love your recipe posts x

    ReplyDelete