Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 16, 2016

An Excursion with a Three Year Old

The week has flown by.  Of course this is my perception, not reality.  Since school for the grands is officially over at 11 AM E this morning we have begun making plans for summer fun.

So far there will be a trip to the North to visit my children and grandchildren for a while , a new pool being installed, and a trip to the book store at the end of this month.  I'm sure it won't end there.

As for this past week I've been busy around the house and with my 3 year old granddaughter.  Her brother had a medical appointment so we decided to have a girlie fashion show at Dillard's.  She walked away with a few outfits for summer.  Not many because she announced she was over the fashion show thing. Then we had lunch after which she announced she wanted to go to my house.  On the way to the car she saw a shop with items that interested her.  We had to stop in to look at the goodies meant to tempt little girls.  I explained to her that we could look, but the prices were too high to purchase anything.  She wasn't happy about that, but took the information like a trooper.  I did find a sparkly nail polish on sale and didn't mind paying 2.00 for it.  But, not the 6.99 they were asking for the other polishes.

She again wanted to go home.  BUT, another shop grabbed her interest.  We looked with the same rule applied.  No high cost purchases.  Her announcement came in a few minutes that she wanted to go home.

Before we left the mall we had to have a cookie from the vendor on the first floor.   Hers was covered in colorful sprinkles, mine a plain old chip cookie.

One last stop before we arrived home.  Ice cream!  Oh yes, ice cream.  This stop was a surprise to her because - the truth be known - it was I who was craving custard.

That evening we all went out for dinner.  When I told my daughter I was exhausted she asked me why I didn't stay home.  Simply because I can sleep any time, but being with those I love is a priority.

I have to say I slept like a log with no interruptions.  I woke up refreshed and ready to repeat making memories.  I feel I'm the most blessed granny on earth.  My family wants to spend time with me.  It doesn't get much better than that!

Stay safe.

2 comments:

  1. What a happy day!
    Enjoy this precious time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True words Angie about being lucky that your family wants to be with you. My sone adore my mother and I feel so happy that they have such an excellent relationship. X

    ReplyDelete