Pages

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Just A Few Things

The copies of Witness Protection arrived.  Give me a few days to meet up with the author and the books will fly out the door.


Since the grocery store hasn't seen me in a couple of weeks, I thought a visit was in order today.  I spent a bit over 37.00 and save around thirty dollars.  One of my finds was buy 2 cans of crushed tomatoes, get 3 free.  I use this kind of tomatoes when I make sauce so I'm always on the look out for them.  I paid 3.98 for five cans.  If my math is correct, that's .80 cents a can.  Not too shabby in the world of higher grocery prices.



Then being a very naughty girl I wolfed down a huge donut.  This is what's left of the donut.  In my defense, I had a very healthy breakfast.  That should count for something?

As you can see, the doughnut was delicious!  It's been almost a year since I have been this naughty.  It felt so good! Tee hee





This past weekend I made a batch of pizza dough in the food processor.  The recipe makes enough for a super large pizza, so I cut it in quarters.  After rolling out 2 of the sections, the other two went into the freezer to use later.  I put the dough in the door so it didn't get lost.

What left overs were in the refrigerator were cut small and put on the two pizzas I cooked.  There were green peppers, mushrooms, pepperoni, and Italian cheeses.  The pizzas looked mighty fine.  Until I took them out of the oven.  I think the heat was too high at 450 degrees F.  They were only cooked for 15 minutes, but next time the heat will be lowered to 400 degrees F.  The flavor was very good under the browned cheese. 



These pizzas sure looked promising.

A little disappointing, but eaten anyway.


That's it for tonight.  Time to pay attention to the pup and play a game or two on FB.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment