Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 19, 2014

More Verbal Wanderings

Good morning dear readers.  Today the sun is shining making me think it may be warmer out there.  Nope!  It's chilly as December should be.  Not freezing though, so we're good to go.

My early morning was spent watching my favorite yoo toobers while drinking my vitamin Isotonic.  I'm on to the coffee at the moment which will be followed by a bowl of cereal or oatmeal.  I haven't decided yet.  That's the luxury of being retired.  I'm not forced to make decisions well before hand.

The new year's agenda book came out this morning with appointments written in and the old one put away.  Why is keeping the old ones so important?  It's not like I'll remember I put anything in it when I'm looking for dates.  No, I'll scratch my head and look every where else, then remember the agenda.  Good thing I have the time to go through that long process.  The thing is I'm not that organized with paper work so my journey to hunt something down is extensive.  Perhaps the new year will bring with it a desire to do something about that.  I know it's pure laziness on my part so I do have control that I don't exercise in that area.

I made up a holiday jar of the cookie mix I got off of Noreen's Kitchen on yoo toob this morning.  Three cups of the mix along with crasins and walnuts went into the jar with an instruction tag attached to the jar with twine.  This has been done a million times, but it's still a cute and thoughtful gift for a neighbor or work associate.  Bread is also in the bread maker to be served with dinner tonight.


I used a small piece of wrapping paper to cover the jar lid.  A small rubber band holds the paper in place then the screw top is placed over it.  I wrote out the instructions by hand on lined paper then taped it on a gift tag after I carefully cut it to size.  A piece of twine wrapped around the jar holds the tag and instructions in place.


This afternoon I have a couple of errands to run and a medical appointment.  My doctor is trying to get in all of my medical needs before the year ends.  Nothing serious, just the I'm aging and we need to keep up on things type appointments.  This is the first year I've had to see a physician on a schedule.  So I've done pretty well for myself.  I did mention to her (the doctor) that that life will not be focused on healthcare.  I will do my part with good eating and exercise and accept some of the changes that age brings.  My main concern is that my children are not saddled with a broken body to care for. 

Every year I ask God for something for Christmas.  This year I was greedy and put in three requests.  One is for a long time friend - well two are - so I need to know when the miracles happen M.

I'm excited for tomorrow to come because that is when my grandson will be helping me make the perogi I mentioned in a previous post.  The recipe came from my husband's grandmother quite a few years back.  It took me an entire day to tweak the recipe because it was given to me in pinches and handfuls.  LOL  I can still picture the conversation we had on the phone over that recipe.  Precious memories from a terrific lady.

If anyone in the family is reading this and wants the recipe, leave a comment and I'll get it to you through private message.

That's it for today since life is slow and simple for me.  I wish the same for my readers.  Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment