Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 6, 2014

A Well Needed Rest and Other Things

There are days I need to lay low and do a minimum of activity.  Friday was one of those days.  I did a few things to keep my environment clean and I fed myself, but other than that, I watched Christmas videos on yoo toob.  Lots of 2014 Christmas videos, some were challenges that yoo toobers took on and some were dollar store hauls.

The one thing they had in common was all of the decorations were frugal hacks.  The styles differed, but all were lovely.  It's delightful to see the results of creativity.  These ladies bring peace into their homes with the love they put into their efforts.

If you have a bit of time and are interested, here is a site you can begin a holiday blitz.  The yoo toobers who are participating in the challenge are listed in the information section.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJA8OyDxRY-wm0ya2gtHOsw  

Thursday I mailed out the gifts that were destined for other states.  Someone please remind to use gift cards next year because shipping charges were way up there into three figures.  Of course, I won't, but it sounds like a good idea.  Then again I could put that cash into the gifts instead of the shipping.

Today I will be taking the two oldest grands Christmas shopping for the people on their lists.  So fun for a little while today.  Then on to more fun as we all meet at a local pub for a lunch to celebrate my daughter's birthday.  When lunch is over my daughter and her family is stopping by to pull out the Christmas tree and help me set it up.  The little ones will help me 'decorate' the tree which will be exciting for me.  It's been a long time since I've had to move around ornaments after children have decorated.  It brings back good memories of days gone by.

The sad note this week is that my mother in law left us to move on to the next life.  Even though we realize it was time - and she was ready - our hearts are filled with sadness.  She was a good woman who raised a large family and still had a heart big enough to welcome me in.  She taught me quite a bit about family and home making.  My heart will miss her deeply.


My MIL as a young wife and mother in the late sixties - with my father in law.  They made a nice looking couple and had gorgeous children.

This is the same lady this past year with my son and grand daughter.


Stay safe and enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment