This week flew by. We had hot weather, nice weather, and rainy weather. I have quite a bit on my list of things to do, but I didn't accomplish all of them. What I did accomplish is:
1. Cut the grass.
2. Put together a leaf blower and cleaned up the patio blowing the leaves into the raised beds.
3. Cleaned the bird bath and outdoor furniture.
4. Made beef stock - a big pot of it. I need to grab some jars from my daughter's house to can it.
5. Dried parsley and basil. It was time to pull the basil plant, so I did that. The parsley is still going strong.
6. Went to Sam's and bought pistachios, t paper, and kleenix. I won't need those things all winter long.
7. Measured three cups of blackberries and put them in food saver bags. I only got 30 berries last year (first year) so I was happy the bush put out more this year. Hopefully, I will get enough next year to make a batch of jelly.
8. Pulled out the second tomato plant and wrapped the green tomatoes in newspaper to ripen. I'll end up with about 4 to 5 cups of tomatoes. Not enough for a large pot of sauce. I plan on buying some romas at the grocery this week at .99 cents a pound to add to what I have grown.
9 Washed the bedding. There's nothing like climbing into a bed with fresh smelling sheets on it. One of life's little pleasures.
10. Decorated for fall. A work in progress.
11. Purchased a couple of fall items.
I thought I was lazy this week, but it looks like I did accomplish some things. What filled your week?
accomplishments (24) cable (1) Christmas (18) cooking (39) debt reduction (2) Family (60) feedback (1) Frugal (61) Gardening (32) gifts (5) Hamburg Meals (1) hints (2) Holiday (15) Holidays (17) Home and Family (91) homemaking (30) Introduction (1) Journal (2) Money (1) movies (5) music (5) organization (12) photos (1) politics (1) projects (3) recipes (13) series (64) smart source (2) special guest posts (16) spiritual (10) Thanksgiving (1) Tools (4) toys (17)