Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 1, 2014

A Hungry Hippo Day

Some days I'm so hungry I could eat all day.  And, I do.  Today is one of those days.  I was OK between breakfast at 10:00 AM and lunch at 11:30 AM, but I've been eating ever since.  I just want something, but I don't know what it is. (I want you to notice there was only an hour and a half between meals.)

For breakfast I had a bowl of cereal with lots of milk.  I drank down most of the milk.  That in itself should have kept hunger at bay for at least two hours.  Today it didn't.  Today nothing does.

For lunch I had a pepper sandwich and cucumber salad, with milk and a cookie.  Two hours later I'm munching on an open face sour cream sandwich.  Which brings us to today's post.  I have a couple of healthy snacks to share with you.  Quick and easy to prepare and yummy.  If you have small children it's a good idea to start them on this kind of snack when they are young - very young.  That's when tastes are developed.

Sour Cream Open Faced Sandwich
1 slice of bread
Sour cream
Butter
salt and pepper
Butter the slice of bread.  Slather on as much sour cream as you want.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

Cut up Veggies With Dip
Veggies of your choice
2T mayonnaise
1 T ketchup
Mix the mayonnaise and ketchup together.  Dip veggies in it.

Both of these are quick and healthy.  Don't forget fat is needed to create healthy brain tissue in children.

No comments:

Post a Comment