The excitement is mounting here - in the South. We're all getting ready to go to our son's wedding. He's 31. He once told me he thought he would always be single. I joked with him that it was difficult to find a woman who could meet his expectations. His response was that there was no one like me out there. I'm not sure if it was a compliment, but I walked away with a smile deciding that it was.
Two years ago he found the woman he wanted to spend his life with. She has children. Our son has stepped into the role of dad providing the children and his future bride with security, strength, and love. Real love. Not the kind people profess and when the going gets tough, they are no where to be found. He reminds me of his dad. Another reminder of his dad is the date of Dad's passing is the day after the wedding. Needless to say he has been in my thoughts this week.
I hope and pray these things for my son:
1. That he has the strength to love his new family through thick and thin.
2. That God's wisdom be showered on his spirit from this day forward.
3. That God is always first in his heart and he draws from God's strength when he needs to.
4. That he is as happy as I was with the person I married.
5. That he learns to pick his battles.
6. That he takes care of his health so he can live a long and productive life.
7. That he is reminded of the first woman who loved him unconditionally.
So to you son and your future family, I say God be with you. Remember to call your mom once a week. I love you with all my heart.
accomplishments (24) cable (1) Christmas (18) cooking (39) debt reduction (2) Family (60) feedback (1) Frugal (61) Gardening (32) gifts (5) Hamburg Meals (1) hints (2) Holiday (15) Holidays (17) Home and Family (91) homemaking (30) Introduction (1) Journal (2) Money (1) movies (5) music (5) organization (12) photos (1) politics (1) projects (3) recipes (13) series (64) smart source (2) special guest posts (16) spiritual (10) Thanksgiving (1) Tools (4) toys (17)