Friday, June 13, 2014

Wrought Iron 'Thingie', Books, and Grandma's Fun

Thursday was the last day of school for the students in my area.  As my daughter is a teacher, she had to stay a whole day while students were released at 11:30.  I gladly picked up her boys.  We went on a small adventure to the thrift store. 

As long as they stayed together they could check out the books while I looked around.  With one eye on them and the other on my mission I enjoyed the time.  They each chose books - the 11 year old 3 novels, the 8 year old 6 age appropriate SpongeBob books.  After a check over of the content, they were happy that all of their choices were fine. 

I found a small Tuscany looking wrought iron 'thingie' to put my salt, pepper, and garlic containers in.  I'm not sure if I'll like the addition, but for .98 cents, I can take a few days to figure it out.

As a small celebration for the last day of school we went to a local fast food place for lunch.  We ate off of the dollar menu.  I was happy to hear them say they had not been there in months.  Neither had I.  But, a celebration is, after all, a celebration, so we had ice cream cones to end the meal.

We came back to my house to play a WII game and chalk up the driveway.  How delightful to hear the sounds of a child playing, using his imagination.

I had a very good day.

Then I took a nap!


Not bad for .98 cents.  Looking pretty after the bath and disinfectant rub down.  It looks like it may have been a small flower pot holder in it's first life.


All shiny clean with a new purpose in life.  I think I'm going to like it.









 
 




2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Some wine tasting rooms around here (and a few boutiques) sell similar looking functional art for $20-$30 or more. You got a great deal!

    ReplyDelete