Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Resurrection Day For Angie's Frugal House

I had fun in the days of free 'stuff' and hyper couponing.  Those days are a memory.  A great one, but nonetheless a memory.  I blogged in those days to benefit others.  It may have been a feeble attempt, but a few young families benefited from my posts.

This resurrection is more for my benefit - and for yours - through osmosis.  I'm now a retired senior living a comfortable frugal lifestyle.  Frugality is part of who I am.  More importantly, it has always been part of who I am.  For me, it has been a pleasant (most of the time) journey.  So this time around I'm going to chronicle my day to day activities.  Whether they be frugal or not.

So here goes.  I hope you enjoy the trip as much as I do.  Most of all, I hope you learn from my life and my mistakes. 

Let's begin with a mistake.

I am an organizational nut case.  My home has to be in order or I have a difficult time enjoying the day.  My sore spot is my pantry.  The dang thing.  I have watched so many yootoob videos that my mind decided to take a vacation.  Yesterday I decide it was time to bring this episode to a close.  I went to Ross and purchased a number of containers.  Let me just say what a big mistake it was not to measure the shelves.  To also forget there are corbels holding up the shelves.  All but the graduated can shelf is going back.  That would include 2 large soft sided containers and a small shelf.  I also kept the see through air tight container.  Surely I can find a use for that.  Maybe.  Maybe not.  At this point, it doesn't seem to matter.  I think I've been defeated by the pantry.  A small pantry at that.

This is where I should admit I couldn't fit everything back that I took out.  What a world, what a world!

What areas do you have a difficult time dealing with in your home?  Do you have any suggestions for me to encourage me to continue on my quest for organizing that small space?  I'd be happy to hear from you.

Stay safe.
 
 
This is my war zone.  I put the items I couldn't fit back on the counter to take to my daughter's.  Why didn't I put them away, out of sight -  you ask.  Because I would forget them for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment