Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 31, 2014

A Relaxing Saturday Morning

My daughter called me early this morning.  She was at a church sale and told me I wouldn't be sorry if I came down.  She was right on.  I had a blast going through the endless tables piled high with good stuff.  And I mean good stuff. 

My daughter got a dresser, a mirror, and a once expensive upholstered chair for 15.00.  She will clean them up and paint them to blend in with her other furnishings.  She can also reupholster the chair.  She gets the creative gene from her dad. 

My bounty included:
1. A large jewelry box covered in a fabric that totally matches my bedding.  (Image below) 3.00
2. Three jam jars .25 each
3. Three pint Mason jars .25 each
4. A picture that was professionally framed to hang in the powder room  1.00
5. A Spode Christmas bowl 2.00
6. A black enamel tray that I put in the guest room to coral a few items on the bedside table. .50
7. A piece of material (about .50 yard)  free
8. A casserole dish with cover 1.00
9. Christmas cards. The kind I can write a personal message in. .25
10.A real Tupperware pasta holder, never used.  .50
11. A large cutting board (plastic) 1.00

I brought it all home and cleaned with bleach water soaked cloths.  I'm going to paint the picture frame to match the powder room.  Everything else was in great condition.

Have you found some great deals going to garage sales this year?  What's your favorite all time gs find?



 
The jewelry box sits in front of our wedding picture on my dresser.  The cross next to the picture was my husband's when he was a boy.
 
 
 
 
 
My bounty all cleaned and ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment