Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Quick and Frugal Pizza

A poster on a frugal board I visit on a regular basis - wackyaunt - posted a tip.  She uses day old french bread to make home made pizzas for her family.  Here's her post:


the bakery in my preferred grocery seems to always have loaves of store baked french bread 2 for 99 cents. I buy 2 and freeze. I use to make "french bread pizza" with leftover spaghetti sauce (or some of the pizza sauce I canned last summer when I snagged a bushel of tomatoes for $3) and add pepperoni, and/or pre-browned ground beef and a sprinkle of mozzarella from the freezer and I have a really, cheap pizza meal. Add a salad and you have a fast meal for little $. My grocery's breads are about 12" long, so I cut in half and then half again and you have 4 servings. I have also used their sub buns and store made hamburger buns in a similar fashion...

No comments:

Post a Comment