Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 23, 2015

Dollar Store Hauls (Small)

Wednesday was a day that was used to finish small projects after a little shopping at the Dollar Tree and Dollar General.

Since another candle was used up I cleaned out the jar and thought it would be a nice organizational tool for collecting cough drops for easy access.  It takes a few minutes to melt out the residual wax and clean out the jar.  A paper towel removed the residual melted wax then soap and hot water removed what was left over.




The Dollar General had a few Christmas items left on a clearance cart at the front of the store.  Any item on the cart was priced at .25 cents.  I found a few items, paying 1.75 total.  I bought 2 cards of magnets that were designed as Christmas stockings, a moose to place on the tree where the little one can reach, a pack of 8 Styrofoam trees - all glittery.  I wasn't going to get these until my daughter said I could use them to tie on packages.  A few ornaments for the tree  finished off the purchase.


I'm dating myself, but this moose reminds me of Mr. Moose from Captain Kangaroo show.


On to the Dollar Tree to find Ann Geddes writing pads, gross grain ribbon, candles, and cards.  This is my favorite kind of ribbon because of a couple of reasons.  It's versatile, it can be used to make bows and sew onto clothing.  It's also sturdy and has a nice feel to it.


The pads will be small Valentine gifts for women in my life.  Our family mainly sees this holiday as a couples day where the (fe) male gives sweets or a gift to their female counterpart. 

 The cream and pink ribbon could be used in a number of different ways.


safe.
Look what I found in the garden!  It's difficult to believe the parsley has survived the number of frosts we've had so far.


What did you do this week?  I love to read comments and reply.  It's like having a conversation with an old friend.

Stay safe.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment