Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Noodles and Ornaments (Oh My!)

I'm watching the sun set and the temperatures plummet as I wait for the water to boil so I can pop the noodles I just made into it.  The process went a bit quicker this time because I bought a pizza cutter from Rada.  It cut the cutting time in half.  So about seven minutes for making and kneading the noodle dough because I have gotten quicker as my confidence has soured and five minutes to cut the dough.  I'm down to 12 minutes of hands on time.  This doesn't take into account the 10 minutes the dough needs to be wrapped and put in the refrigerator to rest.




From one egg and 1/2 cup of flour I got a little over a half pound of noodles.


Earlier this week a trip to the Dollar Tree with two of the grandkids so they could do their Christmas shopping was good for me, too.  Sitting on a shelf were four Santa mugs waiting to go home with someone.  I paired them with a tray that was 1.25 at a thrift store and ended up with a hot chocolate 'station' for the kids on Christmas Eve. 


 
How cute are these?  The kiddos can take them home with them after they indulge in their cocoa.  Maybe I'll learn how to make marshmallows to float on top of the cocoa.


The decorating is almost done as the tree was done today.  I thought I purchased a few ornament after Christmas last year.  The problem is I did, but only three.  The tree is a bit bare, but decked in ornaments that are kid friendly.  After Christmas I'll go to purchase a few more.  The only other items I want are a nice tree skirt and a large Santa.  I may grab a garland, as well.  I'll know when I get there.


The tree is a bit bare, but I don't think the grands will care.  There's plenty to capture their attention for now.  My favorite is the sheep.  He's soft and cuddly.  This will be the first year that the 2 year old will notice things.  I bet she goes straight for the sheep ornament.


The weather in this part of the East Coast has been cold, but no snow, thankfully.  I'll take the ocean winds any day as long as the white stuff doesn't pile up.  It's not that I'm not use to snow, it's that I don't like it when it reaches well above the window sills.  Besides, the sun shining even in the winter season keeps people in a good mood in this part of the country.  There's a smile every where you go.  And, for no reason, at that!

Stay safe.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment