Pages

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 21, 2014

On a Mission, Freezer Organization

I spent the morning re organizing the freezer.  A friend put up a picture of her freezer on Facebook and I got inspired.  Everything was neatly stacked, one in front of the other rather than one on top of each other.  A light bulb went off over my head and I think I finally got an idea to keep items from slipping around.

I used containers for my uneven bags of veggies and cheese.  I try to fill them so they're flat, but when the air gets sucked out, they crinkle up.  Not so good for stacking in any direction and staying put.

So I gathered two containers I had that were not being used yet and started filling them with bags of frozen items in the direction my friend used in her freezer.  I had more room on the shelves to put mason jars of beef stock and tomato sauce in front of the containers.  The good thing is I don't have to dig around for what I want now.  I can just pull out the rectangle containers and grab what I need.

I will look for plastic containers to replace the ones I'm currently using.  One is painted wood and the other is canvas material.   But, until then, these are just fine.


The bottom wire bin is filled with fruit I prepared.  One of the added bins holds baking supplies while the second is filled with veggies and shredded cheeses.


.


2 comments:

  1. An overdue chore in my kitchen, I have been mulling over whether to buy another freezer, I better copy you and see how much space I am wasting first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been battling the freezer for 2.5 years. I feel I'm on track, but it needs a bit of tweaking. I'll get there one of these days. Good luck to you in your endeavor.

    ReplyDelete