Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 21, 2011

Frugal VS Hoarding / Cheating

I had a nice conversation with my Rite Aid manager during my trip yesterday.  It started because there was a limit of 3 packs of the TP that was 1.00 with a 1.00 up reward.  Corporate put a limit on the number of packs that could be bought on Monday.  The limit is tied to your Wellness card.  

He went on to tell me there was a couple who would come in early on Sunday morning and wipe out the items that ended up being free.  He hinted that the same couple went to the other RA in town and did the same thing.  I confirmed that for him.  I'm sure you remember my rant last week about the pasta.  I never did get any because that couple just kept coming back to grab it all.  I was upset, not because I needed the pasta (I have plenty), but because it was an opportunity for me to give to the local food pantry.

He also told me that a few people buy up cases of an item with up rewards and try to return them, keeping the up rewards.  I couldn't understand what people were doing with such large quantities of an item.  Presenting this question to a friend, she told me she had been to garage sales where new store bought items were for sale dirt cheap.  There's the answer.

Being frugal is part of being a good steward of your resources.  You buy enough to serve your family's needs and maybe a bit to donate.  Hoarding and cheating go way beyond that.  I think you know I'm going to tell you it is unethical and immoral.  So please think about things.  Corporations are getting wind of this movement.  To protect themselves and the bottom line, they will find a way to eliminate all the goodies from our shopping trips.  I guess I could say "...We will reap what we sow."  Don't let a few bad apples spoil it for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment