Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas

My family will be arriving tonight to celebrate the Christmas season with me.  It will be such a special treat for me- the gift of the season.  I briefly mentioned that I lost my husband this summer and my children lost their father.  He left this earth and now watches over us.  His passing was relatively sudden, but we did have 32 days to say we loved him.  I had 40 years with a man who was all about his family.  Whenever his name is mentioned by anyone who knew him the words that always followed were, " He's such a good guy."  Oh yes he is.  I know he will be here.  It won't be the same as in the past, when we could see him and touch him, but I know he will be sitting around the table laughing with us.  He didn't laugh often, but when he did it was infectious.

We all know Christmas is the celebration of the birth of our savior, Jesus Christ.  We say it and we believe it.  This year I have been gifted with a knowledge beyond this fact.  Something else we hear all the time,  that Jesus Christ loves and protects us.  This year is different because for the first time in my life I can actually feel that love and protection.  It's in my very soul.  He can be nothing less than pure love because He is the God of all good creation.  It is impossible for Him to be anything else but love, kindness and truth.  He is these things and more, every day of the year.

He cares about every detail of each of our lives.  So when you are saying your prayers today, tell Him you love Him and thank Him for what you do have.  He would be very excited to hear from you.  He would consider the conversation a birthday gift and return the gift with many blessings.

Through the Returning King I wish you a very Merry and Blessed Christmas season and a fruitful New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment