Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Next Year's Shopping Began Today

I began my Christmas shopping for next year today.  Yes! Today.  I redeemed points earned on my credit card.  I 'bought' 2 gift cards one for Penney's and one for Bath and Body Works.  I chose those 2 cards because they will give me the most bang for my buck.  BBW has online specials that include free shipping throughout the year.  I know the rock bottom prices at this store, so I can leap when they appear.  Who doesn't like BBW?  Penney's offers some low low prices throughout the year as well.  They don't offer those good prices close to the holidays, no matter what the ads say.

Also I chose cards that cost less than the face value.  So I got 25.00 to spend and 'paid' 20.00 for the card.

It's the beginning of the 2011 challenge.  This year I'm going to document all of my savings -  Including coupons, up rewards, rebates, and extra cash, free GC. I just have to figure out how.

I do want to stress that I pay off my card each month.  The cards wouldn't be free if I paid interest month to month.

No comments:

Post a Comment