Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Basic Kitchen

I've been married for forty years. My kitchen has numerous appliances and gadgets in it. Some are gifts, some I just had to have when I was a young mom. During this time I've gone through 3 sets of pots and pans, 2 blenders and 2 food processors. I refuse to buy another processor until the one I have is totally unusable.

Forty years is a long time and things accumulate over a long period of time. But, if you are just starting out it is not necessary to have every gadget or electric item available.

The following is a list of the very basic items needed to create meals in your kitchen. As time moves on, other items will be added.


THE BASIC KITCHEN LIST includes.

1. pot to boil food
2. pan to fry food
3. oven proof dish to bake food
4. hand operated can opener
5. container to make coffee and tea and other warm beverages / if you don't drink coffee, the boiling pot works here
6. measuring spoons
7. wet measuring cup
8. dry measuring cup set
9. sealed containers to store dry goods in (flour, sugar, etc)
10.set of mixing bowls one can be used to mix in and another can be used to store left overs
11. one sharp knife, others can be added as time goes on
12. salt and pepper shakers
13. wire whisk
14. hand mixer
15. toaster
16. wooden spoon
17. rubber spatula
18. turning spatula
19. paring knife
20. hand grater
21. strainer
22. cookie sheet

With these items any dish can be put together. As time goes on you will discover what you like to cook and add accordingly. I like to bake and can foods. I have 3 cookie sheets now so I save on fuel energy and time costs.

My most prized item in my kitchen is a stand mixer. I bought one about 10 years ago. Owning this item enhances my experience in the kitchen. I can make bread and rolls and concoct cookies, frosting, and cakes. I guess this is my creative outlet.


Take your time accumulating what is in your kitchen. Explore what you find comfort in making. Then you can add the items that will make the endeavor more enjoyable.

Remember it is a good idea to pay cash for any additional purchases. Staying on buget is what it's all about if you are looking for economic freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment