Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Reducing The Carbon Footprint

Through the years I have made it a priority to be green.  When I started in the early 80's, there was no name for it.  My first endeavor was using the back of envelopes for notes and wrote  " This is a recycled product".  Some people quietly accepted the practice, others laughed at me.  Despite the laughter, I kept on with the practice.

Since then I have researched ways to decrease my 'carbon footprint'.  Carbon Footprint is a buzz word that simply means be smart and frugal without being laughed at.  I use vinegar to kill weeds in cracks in the concrete and driveway and a baking soda mixture to clean my drains.  I have 2 supplies of cloths, one for dishes and one for cleaning.  The list goes on.  I've been doing these things so long that I can't even think of all of the things that have been incorporated into my lifestyle that are green.

All You magazine has done the work for me.  This article has information that will not only reduce a carbon footprint, your costs will be heavily reduced at the register.

Enjoy and see how many work for you and your family on a regular basis.  A word of advise:  Choose one or two things to begin with and make them a part of your daily lives.  Then move on to something else.  Like anything else, too much too soon can become discouraging. 

NOTE:  I wouldn't use a banana peel to clean plants.  My house would smell and who knows what bugs would be attracked to the plants.  Use what works for you.

http://www.allyou.com/budget-home/organizing-cleaning/cleaning-with-household-products-00411000072116/page10.html

No comments:

Post a Comment